FOR CHOIR MEMBERS, WHEN WILL YOU RECEIVE MUSIC/CHARTS TO START PRACTICING:
- Michael and David Hamilton have assembled a great program for our concert! By now you all should have received all but the final two pieces that we are expecting you to have rehearsed and ready for the event. The final two pieces will be delivered by the end of December. If for any reason you have not received your parts and feel that you should have them, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Orchestra parts will be going out in early December for those few professional players traveling to NY for this event.
- Again if you have any questions regarding your parts please email: email@example.com
WHAT IS THE PROPER CLOTHING FOR THE CONCERT:
- CHORUS / ORCHESTRA - (All Black)
- MEN: Black long sleeve shirt, slacks, tie, no coats, no tuxes.
- LADIES: Black “floor-length”, long or short sleeve but no sleeveless, dresses/skirts preferred but loose flowing pants are ok. No "leg-skin" showing. If you have something with dark sequins that is ok as long as they aren't colored or silver.
- FRIENDS / PERSONS ATTENDING THE CONCERT:
- You will see people dressed in everything from Business Casual to Formal. Most will be coats and ties and dresses.
WHAT IS THE ITINERARY FOR THE EVENT:
In December you will receive a Master Schedule which will detail our time in NYC (for planning purposes we provide you with the below schedule - please note that we reserve the right to make minor changes to this schedule - however we will do all we can to not impede on free times listed so you can confidently make dinner reservations or purchase tickets to a Broadway show.
- THURSDAY, JANUARY 24, 2013
- Arrivals to the hotel - check-in, ticket pick up, meet the MWS team.
- Specific check-in instructions will be given in our Master Schedule coming later.
- Evening free to enjoy NYC - a good time to use your Empire State Building Ticket.
- We do NOT recommend booking show or play tickets on your travel day - delays could prevent you from attending.
- FRIDAY, JANUARY 25, 2013
- 8:00 am :: All Guests: WELCOME MEETING with Michael W. Smith
- 9:00 am :: Chorus members: CHORUS REHEARSAL
- 9:00 am :: Friends members (non chorus members): MICHAEL W. SMITH Q&A
- 12:00 pm :: All Guests: LUNCH
- 1:15 pm :: Chorus members: CHORUS REHEARSAL with MICHAEL W. SMITH (Friends members invited to attend rehearsal)
- 1:15 pm :: Friends members: ATTEND REHEARSAL or INFORMAL FREE TIME OPTIONS with MWS Staff (these options will be explained during the 9:00 am Q&A).
- 4:15 pm :: FREE TIME BEGINS FOR ALL GUESTS
- 5:00 pm :: 9/11 MEMORIAL NATIONAL PARK (you must reserve your spot)
- SATURDAY, JANUARY 26, 2013
- Free time in morning
- 10:00 am to 12:00 pm: Friends Members: CENTRAL PARK CARRIAGE RIDES
- Chorus members who would also like a ride should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on getting a ticket
- 1:00 pm: All guests welcome: ORCHESTRA REHEARSAL
- 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm: Final Dress Rehearsal - Choir should wear comfortable clothing
- 2:00 pm: Friends Members: Carnegie Hall Backstage Tours
- 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm: All Participants: Dress for Concert and Recommended Light Snack.
- 6:30 pm: All Chorus participants must be in position and ready for the concert (Participants can NOT be late)
- 6:30 pm: Friends Members: Doors open to the theatre for the concert, take your seat and be ready for the concert.
- 7:00 pm: Concert Begins
- 9:30 pm: Concert Ends & All Chorus and Friends Members will be shuttled to the dinner cruise on the SPIRIT OF NEW YORK with Michael W. Smith.
- After the ship returns all members will be shuttled back to the hotel.
TRAVEL TO / FROM THE EVENT:
- SUNDAY, JANUARY 27, 2013
- Morning Free or...
- 7:45 am: All guests: Brooklyn Tabernacle Church Service
- Group will meet in the hotel lobby to go together by Subway.
- 11:45 am: Return from Brooklyn Tabernacle Church Service
- 12:00 pm: Checkout of Hotel
- Airport shuttles begin at noon to LaGuardia International Airport (LGA).
- All Sunday Departures will have assigned shuttle times.
JANUARY WEATHER IN NYC:
- If you are flying into LGA, shuttles will run on Thursday and Sunday.
- If you are arriving via any means other than LGA or are arriving before Thursday, January 24th; departing after Sunday, January 27th you are responsible for your own airport transfers.
- Be sure to check on your flight status before travel, watch for schedule changes and anticipate delays. You never know about weather in January.
- Hotel Address:
- Sheraton New York Hotel
- 811 7th Avenue
- New York, NY
- Check-in at our MWS Courtesy Desk in the Sheraton New York Lobby. We will have your keys and tickets.
- Expect cold weather in January (Average high 38; Average low 27)
- Remember those are averages... which means it can be colder.
- Winter weather related travel delays can occur, which is why we do NOT recommend purchasing tickets to Broadway plays for the night that you arrive on Thursday, January 24th.
- If you are concerned about weather, health or any other personal issues that may interrupt your travel to NYC, you may want to consider a travel insurance policy.
- This insurance will provide coverage for financial losses related to an interrupted trip. You may consider this to be a good idea since all trip deposits are non-refundable.
- You can find several Travel Insurance companies online, but we can recommend - www.travelexinsurance.com
- Meal choices in every price range can be found within short walking distance of our hotel.
- Our hotel has a restaurant, but it can be pricey. You'll find a Starbucks on every other corner.
- We will share several recommended food spots in your Master Schedule.
- All of us here on the MWS Team do recommend RAYS PIZZA It's the perfect piece of pizza after a long day out in NYC.
- Don't forget our hotel location when planning and making reservations:
- Sheraton New York Hotel
- 811 7th Avenue
- New York, NY
EVENT SPECIFIC SOUVENIRS:
- OFFICIAL MWS NYC Short Sleeve Polo - Order Here
- OFFICIAL MWS NYC Long Sleeve Polo - Order Here
- We will not be selling any event merchandise during the weekend because of various rules @ Carnegie Hall. However, you can pre-order an embroidered polo (short sleeve or long sleeve at MichaelWSmith.com.
- Order your souvenir shirt by Thursday, November 30, 2012 @ 10 am. Domestic orders will be mailed by December 15, 2012 (expect orders to then take 2 weeks for delivery of all Domestic orders and 30 days for international orders).
- Please Note: These shirts are not in ANY way required for the event. They just make great souvenirs and we like seeing people wearing them in the airports as you're traveling to the event. The shirts make it easy for us and you to identify one another and start getting to know each other before you arrive.
Questions Not Answered By The Above? Contact us at this info: